PASA's 2013 Centre County Farm Tour
Aug 10, 2013
from 12:30 PM to 05:00 PM
|Where||Centre County, PA|
Join us for one of PASA's most anticipated events of the year! Our goal is to connect you with farms in Centre County that offer the best in healthy, sustainably raised foods. We hope your experience will leave you with an understanding of how critical a local food system is to preserving the beautiful agrarian landscape of rural Centre County and to providing our community with healthy and delicious foods!
Farm tour admission
Farm Tour Pass - $15 per car or $10 per bike Cover everyone in your car or on your bike at all the farms you visit with a pass! Farm tour passes will be available for sale only before the day of the tour. You will not be able to purchase passes at the farms on the day of the tour, so please plan ahead! During Local Foods Week (August 3 to 10), you can also pick up a pass at our table at area farmers markets. Get your pass from one of the following locations now through August 9th: IngleBean Coffee House, Webster's Cafe, Nature's Pantry, Tait Farm Harvest Shop, or PASA's Office in Millheim
A la Carte - $5 per Farm Don't have a pass? That's ok! You can pay as you go - at each farm you'll be asked to pay $5 per vehicle.
Tips for Taking the Tour
- Bring a cooler! You'll be able to purchase goods at the farms, some of which will need to be chilled.
- Plan your route using our map - GPS devices may mislead you. Expect to get to three or four farms on Saturday. If you purchase a pass in advance, you'll have additional opportunities to visit some of the farms.
- Do not visit the farms outside of the tour hours of 12:30pm to 5pm (or the times open to pass holders in addition to the regular tour hours).
- Wash your hands - and any kids' hands - after coming into contact with any animals.
- Please leave your pets at home.
- End the day with a local food dinner at one of our Partner restaurants! Your farm tour pass may even get you special deals.